Happy birthday, Reidie Pie! How is my baby already two? When I look at these pictures, you look like such a big boy, but you still let us treat you like our baby. Just tonight at dinner, you let dad cradle you in his arms and feed you chicken like an airplane (because you decided you wanted more food after we had changed you into clean clothes). You just find so much joy in everything, so it’s truly a blast.
One of my very favorite things over the past few months has been watching you run. It makes me laugh all the time. You get so excited that your arms are often flailing above your head, and you lead with your little baby tummy. Gah, it’s just the cutest thing ever.
Some other cute little Reid-y things are:
- Your sweet little happy teeth. They are slowly coming in, but that sweet, paci-induced gap is hanging in there.
- Your obsession with bottles. We probably shouldn’t give you so many of them, but we were so limited on what we could feed you, that you got pretty addicted to them. We no longer let you have them before nap or bed, but let you snack on them during the day. Maybe one day you’ll transition to milk in a sippy cup.
- Your learning about “pee pee” and “poo poo.” You randomly decided to be potty trained this month while I was at Hobby Lobby. You demanded to sit on the potty and actually peed and pooped. I was shocked. You wanted to be potty trained, but we compromised with pull ups because you weren’t (I wasn’t) ready. During the Christmas Eve service, the pastor said “And all God’s children said..” and the congregation was supposed to say “Amen.”, but you shouted “pee pee poo poo!”.
- Your love of dancing and being silly. You can win over even the grumpiest people with your cute little dance moves.
- Your love of mommy. No one has ever made me feel as loved as you. You’re so affectionate and get so excited to see me. When you feel a little shy, you cling to my leg. When you see me at school pickup, you drop what you’re doing and run over with open arms. When we play hide and seek, you want to hide wherever I am. Your love of daddy and sissy are close seconds!
You bring so much light to our lives. Your joy is contagious, and it’s hard to be in a bad mood around you. You’re so verbal, so you’re always saying something so silly. I don’t know how someone so young has such a good sense of humor! Your teachers love you. Your grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins love you. Your sister loves you. Mom and Dad love you. You’re our littlest gift, and I feel so blessed to have you in our life!